A St. Catharines resident has been charged with impaired driving in Blind River.
Ontario Provincial Police say officers patrolling Highway 17 spotted a driver not wearing a seatbelt.
When police pulled the green pick-up truck over, they say the driver’s breath smelled like alcohol. Officers say they were also able to see “numerous bottles of alcohol” inside the truck.
The driver was arrested and the truck was impounded.
Hayden Tosse, 22, has been charged with:
- Operation while Impaired - alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired - blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Driver - failing to properly wear seat belt
- Driving a motor vehicle with unsealed container of liquor
- Driving a motor vehicle with no licence
- Failure to surrender insurance card
The accused is scheduled to appear in an Elliot Lake court on October 5.
“The OPP remind motorists that no amount of alcohol or drug is acceptable to consume and drive,” police said in a news release.
If you spot a driver you suspect is impaired, call 911.